Support for host named site collections

May 18, 2009 at 2:09 AM

I really like your implementation.  Related to my question in another thread.  The question related to working with host headers.  My terminology was a bit off and you correctly identied that I was referring to the site collection level rather than the application level.  It would be really great if your authentication method worked with host named site collections.  I would think that this is feasable and probably would require each host named site collection to register a separate Live ID application key.  Since hosting multiple applications on a server puts huge demands on its resources, especially memory (thanks to the IIS worker processes), it would be favorable to work with host named site collections.

Regards

David

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Thanks for your input David.

I fully agree on what you say and I understand why you want it this way, but it will not be put into this first release. Focus on this one is getting it all to work smoothly and sync between site collections. Using this in a host named site collections scenario will require some major changes to the current release. I like it and will take it into consideration for a later update.

Cheers
/WW

(btw, got your e-mail, lot of stuff going on right now... :-)

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Smooth solution Mohammad,

will try that.

/WW