Where is SPWLA running?

Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Do you use this Windows Live ID Authentication for SharePoint solution on your site or do you know of any site? Please leave a comment this thread.

/WW

May 11, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I plan to use this solution on my extranet - which is located on the internet.  Many of my employee/users do not have Active Directory accounts - so this would be a great solution for them - if I can get it to work :-)

Coordinator
May 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Great!
What parts doesn't work for you?

May 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I can't figure out how to get it to add a Live user to the site.  I added it to the LiveProfiles list - not sure what to do next?

Coordinator
May 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM

The Live users are automatically added to the LiveProfiles list once they log in. You should not add them manually.

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Hi,

if you have any good suggestions or features, then I'll gladly consider including them into SPWLA.

/WW

May 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Hi,

we have decided we probably won't be using WLA - the main reason is that when someone new requests access, it only sends the admin their UUID - which looks like some kind of GUID - no way to identify who they are - if there were a feature that would reconcile this with their actual Live ID, it would make a world of difference. Thanks. Hope all is well.

Nick DeAngleo

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:21:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Where is SPWLA running? [spwla:55811]

Hi,
if you have any good suggestions or features, then I'll gladly consider including them into SPWLA.
/WW

Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
Coordinator
May 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Nick,

I'm sad to hear that you abandon SPWLA :-)

Windows Live ID only provides the application with a UUID (unique to the user and application) and that's the way it works.

/WW

May 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM
No problem - I appreciate your help - and you have great tips on Twitter!

Nick DeAngelo
Director of Internal Systems
Scientific Games, Inc.

On May 25, 2009, at 2:11 PM, wictor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Nick,

I'm sad to hear that you abandon SPWLA :-)

Windows Live ID only provides the application with a UUID (unique to the user and application) and that's the way it works.

/WW

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Hi all,

The Identification parts will be enhanced in upcoming versions and will be an option for the administrator to set up. This first release will always ask for the identification until the user filled out the form whenever he or she logs in.

/WW

May 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I guess I don't understand how it works now - when a new user requests access using WLA - all the administrator gets is a request from some huge string of characters - how do they know who this person is?

May 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM
ok - now I get it.

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:03:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Where is SPWLA running? [spwla:55811]

Hi
Did you read How to identify Windows Live ID users and give permission to them?
wictor not currently implement this in SPWLA but you can use Shetab WLA in mead while.
>>When a new user requests access using WLA - all the administrator gets is a request from some huge string of characters - how do they know who this person is
It so simple, administrator just need to open ProfileList and search that ID, they will find valid what this id belong to. You just didn’t its name and email via "SharePoint request address email system", maybe wictor implement it in feature but please attention that SharePoint just don’t tell the email in "request access email" and you can find it from ProfileList by simple search.
I recommend you try Shetab WLA trial version until wicotr implement it in SPWLA and see how it work.
Please feel free to ask me which part you don’t understand?

Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.