A Windows Live ID Authentication provider for SharePoint.
Combine the power of the Windows Live ID authentication and the SharePoint platform to enhance your SharePoint based sites.
Windows Live ID Authentication for SharePoint
This is a SharePoint feature that allows you to enable your site with Windows Live ID authentication and take advantage of the huge number of already registered Windows Live ID users.
SharePoint 2010 Important information
SharePoint 2010 (Server and Foundation) out of the box supports claims based authentication which includes Windows Live ID. This solution will not work with SharePoint 2010. Use this guide to configure SharePoint 2010 for Windows Live ID usage: http://www.wictorwilen.se/Post/Visual-guide-to-Windows-Live-ID-authentication-with-SharePoint-2010-part-1.aspx
- Easy installation
- Easy web-based configuration
- Supports Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Allows users to register easily
- Advanced user information
- Web Parts
- Last updated users
- Last logged in users
- All users
- Publishing of profile updates to Announcement lists
- Approval of users
- Users can be locked out
- Configuration in Central Administration
- Enabled per Site Collection
- Support for multiple site collections
- Support for Windows Live ID Delegated Authentication
- Allows users to show their Live Messenger Presences Status
This code is developed and maintained by Wictor Wilén, find out and read more about this project at